News & Events
- Trinity Engineering Student Entrepreneurs of the Year
A team of three students won first prize at the Trinity Engineering Student Entrepreneurs of the Year competition for their new business DiaCare.Diacare provides revolutionary technology and software to continuously monitor blood glucose levels throughout the day.
- Engineers Showcase the Autonomous Vehicle Tech of Tomorrow
Engineers at Trinity College Dublin showcased the prototype autonomous vehicle technologies of the future this week. The research includes prototypes for emergency, public transport and sports vehicles, amongst others.
- Quantum Computers Closer to Reality Following Molecular Magnets Breakthrough
Research led by Professor Stefano Sanvito. Professor of Condensed Matter Theory, has demonstrated how molecular magnets could be used successfully in applications such as hard-disk drives and quantum computers.
- TCD Geneticists in Breakthrough on Autism and Epilepsy
Geneticists at Trinity College Dublin have found a faster new way to help identify genes associated with a number of medical conditions, including autism and epilepsy.
- TCD Physicist Awarded Knigthood of the Star of Italy
Trinity Physicist Professor Stephano Sanvito (center) conferred with a Knighthood of the Italian State “Cavaliere dell’ Ordine della Stella d’Italia” with Provost Patrick Prendergast (left) and Italian Ambassador to Ireland Mr. Giovanni Adorni Braccesi (right).
- TCD Research May Lead to New Way of Attacking Viruses
A team led by Assistant Professor in Immunology, Dr Nigel Stevenson, have discovered a key role of ‘protector’ molecule that fights the common flu