News & Events
- Birds of Prey Help Vultures to Find Food
Zoologists from the School of Natural Sciences headed by Dr. Andrew Jackson, have discovered how endangered vultures find their food, which will have important implications for their conservation.
- HRH Princess Maha Chakra Sirindhorn Opens New Garden as Part of Botany Research
The princess opened a new garden in a newly developed square adjacent to the Botany building. She also visited Trinity’s herbarium where she met with Professor John Parnell to see some of the unique plant material collected by Trinity botanists.
- Faculty Geologists Find Life Forms Existed 3 Billion Years Ago
Geologists from Trinity College have found that oxygen-producing life forms were present on Earth 3 billion years ago These life forms were responsible for adding oxygen to our atmosphere.
- Engineers at Trinity College Design Aircraft to Reduce Air Pollution.
Engineers at Trinity College Dublin have been chosen to lead a third EU consortium which will significantly reduce the noise pollution of a novel plane design which is currently being developed in Europe.
- Rubber bands with graphene could monitor health
Rubber bands infused with graphene could be used as wearable sensors for multiple uses in healthcare as a result of a discovery by Prof. Jonathan Coleman and his team at the AMBER centre in TCD.
- TBSI Featured in Recent Irish Times Supplement
TBSI is now firmly on the map. A recent supplement in the Irish Times outlines fascinating research and a recent conference with Weizman Institute.