News & Events
- TCD Geneticists in Breakthrough on Autism and Epilepsy
Geneticists at Trinity College Dublin have found a faster new way to help identify genes associated with a number of medical conditions, including autism and epilepsy.
- TCD Physicist Awarded Knigthood of the Star of Italy
Trinity Physicist Professor Stephano Sanvito (center) conferred with a Knighthood of the Italian State “Cavaliere dell’ Ordine della Stella d’Italia” with Provost Patrick Prendergast (left) and Italian Ambassador to Ireland Mr. Giovanni Adorni Braccesi (right).
- TCD Research May Lead to New Way of Attacking Viruses
A team led by Assistant Professor in Immunology, Dr Nigel Stevenson, have discovered a key role of ‘protector’ molecule that fights the common flu
- Limpets are Construction Workers of the Seashore
New research by Professor of Materials Engineering, David Taylor, from the Trinity Centre for Bioengineering, verifies that limpets repair their shells from within.
- New Era in Geo-Analysis as iCRAG Launches Micro-Beam Analysis Lab at Trinity
Geochemists from iCRAG, the Irish Centre for Research in Applied Geosciences, and Trinity College Dublin today launched a new micro-beam analytical laboratory the iCRAG Lab@TCD. The event marks a new era in geo-analysis in Ireland.
- Trinity Expert to Help Protect Global Groundwater Resources
Professor Bruce Misstear from the School of Engineering at Trinity College Dublin has been elected as Secretary General of the International Association of Hydrogeologists. Professor Misstear is a specialist in groundwater development and has been involved in projects in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia.