News & Events
- Rubber bands with graphene could monitor health
Rubber bands infused with graphene could be used as wearable sensors for multiple uses in healthcare as a result of a discovery by Prof. Jonathan Coleman and his team at the AMBER centre in TCD.
- TBSI Featured in Recent Irish Times Supplement
TBSI is now firmly on the map. A recent supplement in the Irish Times outlines fascinating research and a recent conference with Weizman Institute.
- TCD Researchers from the Faculty, win SFI Development or Starting Investigator Awards
Five young researchers from TCD have been awarded Starting Investigator Research Grants or Career Development Awards from SFI.
- Grazing Deer Improve Forest Biodiversity
Botanists from TCD have conducted a study which proves that grazing deer improve the abundance of forest floor plants
- TCD Chemistry Professor Makes a Breakthrough in the area of Material Mechanics.
Professor John Boland, principal investigator at AMBER and his team, have discovered a method of measuring Poisson's Ratio on the nanoscale.
- Flatlands: Beyond Graphene
Faculty Scientists Prof. Valeria Nicolosi and Prof. Jonathan Coleman and their teams lead the charge at a conference in the Trinity Research centre AMBER on the latest two dimensional materials.